Brooks Statement on CBO Score of AHCA
Washington, D.C. - Following the Congressional Budget Office score of the American Health Care Act (AHCA), Rep. Susan Brooks (R-IN) released the following statement:
“Today's CBO score confirms that our plan reduces premiums and taxes on you and your family over time, makes headway to address our federal deficit, and puts your healthcare decisions back in your hands."
"I understand and appreciate the concerns some people have expressed about the CBO’s score of the AHCA. It isn't surprising that when given the option, some people will choose not to purchase healthcare coverage. As premiums go down, and coverage options increase, more people will be able to afford coverage that meets their needs. That's a key difference between the AHCA and Obamacare."
"As we've said from the beginning, this is a process, and today's CBO score is reflective only of this bill and does not reflect any future actions the Administration or Congress will take to fix our healthcare system, lower costs and increase healthcare choices for you. I will continue to work with my colleagues in Congress, the Administration and Governor Holcomb to make our healthcare system work better for Hoosiers and Americans."
The CBO estimate confirms that the American Health Care Act will lower premiums and increase access to quality, affordable care. The CBO’s estimate shows that the legislation advances the core goals of our plan to repeal and replace Obamacare:
- Lowers premiums by 10 percent.
- Reduces the federal deficit by $337 billion.
- Protects coverage for people with pre-existing conditions and allows kids under 26 years old to stay on their parents' insurance plan.
- Makes major entitlement reform, capping Medicaid spending for the first time, saving taxpayers $880 billion, while also protecting the most vulnerable Americans.
- Lowers taxes by $883 billion, providing massive tax relief for middle-income Americans and small business owners.
- Increases choices for consumers, creating a vibrant market where people will have more freedom and flexibility to get the plan they want.